Join anytime! The idea is simple: Read 1000 books with your child before he or she enters kindergarten. Sign up for the program at the library and receive your start-up packet!
Don’t know how to get started? Wondering how much time it will take?
- 1 book per day for 3 years = 1095 books
- 10 books per week for 2 years = 1040 books
- 3 books per day for 1 year = 1095 books
What are the benefits of early reading with your child?
- It helps your child learn the sounds of language.
- It allows your child to hear more words and prepare for kindergarten.
- It’s the beginning of a lifetime of reading and exploring.
- It’s a great way to bond and have fun with your child.
More Information and Book Recommendations: